عدل سابقا من قبل SaNfOr في السبت 3 مايو - 17:37 عدل 2 مرات
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
معاينة صفحة البيانات الشخصي للعضو
taliba
تمييز وتواصل

صلي على النبي

صل الله عليه وسلم

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: summary of grammar   الأربعاء 4 ديسمبر - 12:50

If you want to know how to improve your spoken English, or if you just want to improve your overall English, you need to have a good idea of how it works. This is not always needed. People sometimes say things which are not always grammatically correct. BUT, it is a good place to start. How to improve English speaking starts here with the basics.

3949211987 1a07e95a4d An introduction and summary of grammar

If you start with grammar, you must learn that all grammar, all vocabulary, all language needs three things:

construction
meaning
context/situation

In this post we will talk about construction.

This means we only want to discuss construction. We will cover the first of three sections in this post: Active grammar.

Active grammar is just normal grammar. It is the most common and it is taught first as a foundation.

A quick reference:

V1 = infinitive verb/ first verb (eat/ to eat)

V2 = past tense verb (ate)

V3 = past participle verb (eaten)

Aux = auxiliary verb (extra verb that makes the sentence 100% correct for the grammar. Needed normally for questions and negatives)

BE:

I am I was (were in conditional tenses)

You are you were

He/she/it is he/she/it was

We are we were

You (plural) are you (pl) were

They are they were

DO:

I do I did

You do you did

He/she/it does he/she/it did

We do we did

You (pl) do you (pl.) did

They do they did

HAVE:

I have I had

You have you had

He/she/it has he/she/it had

We have we had

You (pl.) have you (pl.) had

They have they had

Ready? Here we go

A few key things to remember:

this shows you how the grammar is MADE, not how the grammar is USED! This is important to remember. (We will post more on how to use grammar).

The important thing here is that you notice which words appear in groups together.

Happy Studies

p.s. a couple of related sites for your interest icon smile An introduction and summary of grammar

General English Exercise – This grammar exercise tests your knowledge of basic English grammar and usage. Each question is followed by four suggested answers. Choose the most appropriate one. 1. Identify the verb form from the given alternatives.
Basic English Grammar – Find the 5 mistakes! · engVid – Basic English Grammar – Find the 5 mistakes! Review your English grammar by finding the errors in these 5 sentences. A fun way to find out what you still need to learn to improve your English.
Basic Grammar Videos – Wake Technical Community College – I have been looking for better material for beginner students. Here are a few great videos on basic English Grammar. These are perfect for Levels 1-3 (and maybe even higher). This video is on greetings, how people say “hello …
Basic English Grammar – Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb · engVid – Basic English Grammar – Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb. What is a noun? What is a verb? What is an adjective? AHHHHH!!! Learn how to recognize nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs in this important basic grammar …

Tags: how to improve English speaking, how to speak english fluently
1 comment
1 ping

ulimited hosting

August 4, 2013 at 12:16 pm (UTC 0)

Hi there I am so delighted I found your blog, I really found you by mistake, while I was looking on Yahoo for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a marvelous post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.|

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Name: *

Email: *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

$5 OFF GRAMMAR COURSE

COVER-PHOTO-ATTEMPT-2
$14 OFF PRONUNCIATION COURSE
do you speak english
Follow us on Facebook
Copyright

© 2013 How to Improve English Speaking.